I and a bunch of my Northeast Chi Alpha friends spent last week in Pennsylvania at a conference called INCITE. We had the privilege of hearing Marva Dawn speak for a couple of days as well as share some ideas with each other. I left the conference encouraged and excited about the next year. I thought I would share some of my thoughts here.
– I love being around people who really get what I do, because they do the same thing. I don’t have to explain anything, I don’t have to put my guard up, I can’t just be. And that’s a lot of fun.
– I feel like we got some really great outreach ideas at INCITE. I’m excited to see if we can implement even half of them.
– Marva Dawn was incredible. I can’t encourage you enough to check out her stuff, website and book included. I have added a few of them to my Amazon wish list and will definitely be perusing her website more often.
– I really appreciated her talks on sabbath and how it is a gift for us and not a rule for us. Definitely something to think about as I prepare for more of a lifetime in ministry.
– She gave sense great thoughts on corporate worship that I’m still currently processing. She definitely challenged some of the ways in which I participate in worship and lead corporate worship.
– I wrote down a couple of very interesting websites, including movee.org but it’s currently not doing what I think it should, so hopefully that I will be remedied soon.
– I’ve included a nice photo of our favorite fair one, hope you enjoy it!
– We also cleaned up on the giveaways, winning some books and a hammock!!
– What are your favorite conferences to attend?
– One of my favorite quotes has already been chronicled by Blane Young. You can read his thoughts, which I share here. They come from an Andy Stanley talk on apprenticing.
– I hope to get a post up on a tidbit of the Jim Collins talk we listened to about inconsistency. Powerful.