This weekend I had the privilege of officiating the Collins-Ternes wedding, it was my second wedding in six days starting with the Rosser-Orr celebration! A couple of thoughts.
1. I love weddings because Jesus loved weddings. He performed his first miracle at a wedding and has blessed marriage since the very beginning of Creation.
2. One of my favorite parts of the ceremony is the rings. I always ask to hold the rings before I give them to the couple because it’s a cool moment for me. My wedding ring has meant a lot to me over the last (almost) five years and I get excited knowing it will do the same for the young couple standing in front of me.
3. I’m pretty convinced that Chi Alpha weddings are the most fun.
4. I love the trend of more and more pre-marital (or pre-engagement) counseling. We have to stem the tide of couples not knowing what they are getting into at the altar. The more they know and prepare before the altar, the better.
5. A wedding weekend is sufficiently exhausting.
What about you? What do you have to say about weddings? What’s your favorite part?